How many times have you felt nostalgic? So intense that
there were few drops actually rolling on the cheeks. Happens? yeah it does .... How would it feel if we can
actually Slow down the Time or may be ..... Roll back the time? Sounds pretty irresistible
yet unrealistic..
A recent visit to my native place Pune and I was engulfed in
tides- echoing many thoughts.... wat all n wat not ? Can I again go back to those
days? Kind of warp time backwards… I soo longed to have a Time Machine!
Cherished memories suddenly start
going haywire...First day when I got my first ever friend in KG ... First time
when I spoke to a guy ...the day when I flaunted my Scrapbook, having special
lines for me therein by Someone special.... Those days when a Wada Pav used to
cost us Rs 2.5.. The day all of my friends and I bunked the school and went for
movie ... every first day of school when we used to get new books.. Just can’t
resist going through all of them... that beautiful fragrance of newly printed
books simply irresistible .. can we forget that ? naah .... School days jus
pass by like that ... Jussst like that!
And then comes new life ... new
horizons ... new friends ... the age of having "Crushes" ... which
can't even be counted... Its like having wings .... flying high in the air ...
letting life take us wherever it wants ...carefree.. the world used to revolve
around friends and friends only!! The
college and university campus become your second home.. every nook and corner
of the campus has unique memory.. a moment stolen and cherished deep in the
folds of time. I wish at least once . I couldd again experience these times.
all those smiling faces ... departing hearts ... friendly hugs ... smiling tears..
cherishing those memories..TTMM kind of parties in Low-budget but Big Hearts.....Ordering
in the restaurant reading the right side of the menu card.. Aimless Bike rides
on stretched Rainy roads....treks to godforsaken places.. shared feelings .... Secret
crushes.. untold love…consoling friends ....
Suddenly you are awaken from the
beautiful reverie.. these moments begin to get out of our hands ... like sand flowing
from our hands on a sea shore .... we can just watch ... moments passing by.. simply
cant do anything about it ...so we let go of it ... staring down at our own
fist, realizing that life has to move on! We have to adorn new roles and shoulder
new responsibilities.. But you can never
get over those Sepia Times! Can you??
Very beautiful Anupriya, loved reading it. Keep it up.
ReplyDeleteExcellent!...it reminds me of my school and college days...keep writing..waiting for the next!...
ReplyDeleteThough it hasn't been a long time since I have gone through this.. then too remembering good ol' times puts a smile on my face reading it..
ReplyDeleteit truely brought tears in my eyes as I was a part of it for 10 years.....khoop sundar.... keep writing.
ReplyDeleteHey... Great work. You did pull me along too. Those were magical times indeed.
ReplyDeletenice one.... keep writing... :)
ReplyDelete